Web design has evolved in a great way, and nowadays, the internet has become the greatest platform to exhibit your creativity. In 2018, with further enhancement in the already prevalent trends of 2017, websites will become slicker and enchanting.
If you are a business owner, your website should have all the right components to attract potential customers. In case you do not have one, hire a Web Designer Swansea to build an intuitive, functional, and responsive website for your business. Here, we are mentioning some of the web design trends in 2018 which will dominate in the upcoming years.
- Bright colours and bold fonts: Those days are gone when people used to prefer muted and simple colour for their websites. Now, everyone is looking for a bolder, more colourful look and feel for their websites. Colour theory has started playing a big role in web design due to companies emphasizing their brand identity with unique colours. If you already don’t have a well-defined colour strategy for your website, then you might want to get in touch with a west palm beach website design agency, or a similar agency nearer to you, in order to figure one out. This is important because, in 2018, fonts are going to become larger, bolder and more refined. Bold fonts will help the users to read the content easily. These days, a user spends only a few seconds on a particular site, so you need to catch their attention with bold colours and bright fonts.
- Animations: animations will dominate in 2018 web design trends. Sometimes, a small video and GIF of superior quality give a real smooth visual pleasure for your eyes. By incorporating animation to your site, you can create some drama and movement to pages. And this trend will certainly retain your visitors for a long time. Adding sticky elements to your site, such as a sticky menu is also a refreshment which will ensure that all of the required buttons are on sight.
- Mobile-friendly design: According to Statista ” In 2016, 43.6 percent of all website traffic worldwide was generated through mobile phones, up from 35.1 percent in the previous year.” Over the past few years, the popularity of mobile-friendly web design trend is astounding and it will remain in the upcoming years also. Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) will become an important part of web designing. While traditional mobile websites can be a bit clunky, but AMP ramps up the mobile experience by stripping down code, using external resources for media files and running scripts in parallel to allow pages to load instantly.
- SVG (scalable vector graphics): Though they are not new, in 2018 you can expect this graphic format will certainly surpass other formats such as PNG, GIF, and JPG. SVGs are basically vector images, not pixels. That’s why there might be a lot of advantages when you use these vector graphics as elements in your Website Design project. In addition, vector graphics tend to be incredibly scalable which means they will not hamper your page speed when animated because they don’t need any HTTP requests.
- Geometric shapes (patterns, lines, and circles): This very trend appeared in 2016, gained its popularity in 2017 and will continue to develop in 2018. If you can use different forms and patterns on your page, then this will give you a great result. The design and layout appearance is highly appreciated in the design field. You can easily combine flat design and material design with decorative elements and simple shapes. This very trend appeared in 2016, gained its popularity in 2017 and will continue to develop in 2018. If you can use different forms and patterns like geometric design patterns or aesthetic patterns on your page, then this will give you a great result.
The above, we mentioned only the top web design trends in 2018. In 2018, the prime focus will be on creating websites that are powerful yet beautiful and mobile-friendly.